Thursday 7 May 2009

stories

redshoes prague


(in Prague) photo by: Adrian..

how i look when im serious and bursting with stories to tell....

dont be fooled with the get-up...para arun ingnon kabaw mamicture! wehehe...



* * *

i have so many stories to tell and share. these bits are worthy of blogs on their own, but let me tell them to you in little chunks so i have a reminder of future blog topics.

im itching to talk about soooo many things.

i want to talk about:



-how i surprised my mom and family, by arriving in cebu, just so i could attend my brother's wedding. naughty, yes. but not naughty enough because, i was not able to bring adrian with me. (he had prior commitments, although he was more eager to attend the wedding than i was--i had unfinished essays on my mind).



-how my mom jumped off her chair when she saw me.



-how my brother Joseph forgot about his toothache when i came out of the bedroom just as he as coming in the house. (the grin on his face was worth that long trip).



-and how this surprise was just a few days after arriving from Prague, still tired and exhausted from travelling (catching up with laundry and doing overtime in school work).



-how i surprised my good friend aileen (by asking jane to meet up with her), and i showed my face to her just as she was coming out of the ladies room. i wish i videotaped her expression. it was truly memorable. thanks jane. it wouldnt have been possible without you=)



-how i suffered with jet lag, and felt hungry at 1 am and dragged my two brothers Joseph and Roi to Larsian and ate like a hungry horse with all my favourites...( i miss this too!!)



-how i attended the wedding that was truly special, but at the same time sad (because my papa was not around anymore) and adrian wanted to come but he couldnt...my brother and sister-in-law, were very pleased for the wedding they always wanted.



-how i didnt take enough photos when i was in the philippines. (darn!) i kick myself everytime. i always get caught up with the people im with (and the heat too!) that i lose the will to take photographs.



-how i spoke to my lola, and how i missed her, and how that phone conversation just made my trip truly special. how hearing her voice, still makes me cry, because she still reminds me of my papa.



-how my family celebrated Jojo, the night before his wedding. everyone stayed at the hotel suite and went out that night, just laughing and talking about a brother/son/friend that soon was becoming a husband and father. (no pictures again!!! *kicking myself*).



-how the wedding was even made more special because my favourite people provided for the wedding, my friend aileen of Aileen Siroy Photography did the photography (and her gorgeous younger sis, and Philippines actress, Dionne was the assistant snapper), Kusina Habana did a surprise gorgeous couture cake for the bride and groom, and my adopted sis Arvy and bro' Rey's The Cupcake Theory did the giveaway cupcakes. and it was coordinated by the gorgeous, tiny dynamo, called The Weddingbelle--my cousin Joan.--go see her website, she's one great party organizer=)



-how after the wedding, we celebrated Mayel's baby shower (earlier than intended, because her cake was ordered on the wrong day). a night before the very early flight to manila.



-how that baby shower night, was also a 3-in-one night. because i didnt have time to meet my family for the short period i was there, i asked them to come over to the house to have dinner. that was also the night, the supergirls celebrated Therese's birthday. (a blog on its own!).



-how Therese's birthday at my Mama's house was funny, because, apart from it was a baby shower for my sis-in-law too, it was a night where i met some of my friend's special someones..i met the mysterious and the intellectually brooding Ppip--Kaith's hubby. i also met the funny, witty,and admirable Josh--Jane's husband. i also met Mommy Dulce..my adopted sister's beautiful mommy...she was definitely movie actress material. no wonder where D got her genes and Ai's artistry...i also met, Andi (my inaanak, who was very friendly and gorgeous bundle).i met Khandikins, who loved saying "no,dili" with matching piercing eyes, to everything we ask of her, which made her lovable even more.



-how the next day (without sleep), went straight to the airport at 4 am to go to manila as my family was applying for their UK visa...stayed overnight at our favourite hotel (the new world renaissance), but went back home the evenig of the next day.



-how we had breakfast at the hotel with people we love: Aileen, Dionne, and her gorgeous bf Alex...*starstruck once again* (another blog entry on its own--ad with matching photos too!).



-how we went swimming at Plantation bay and stayed at our favourite Riverboat suite. i invited over some relatives to swim for the afternoon. (again, very little photos..and not even taken by me*kicking self again*).



-how my cousins and i watched "He's Just Not Into You". and how we laughed and cried our eyes out in the movie house. (if you havent watched it, you better should. its for everyone. ladies, men, single, attached...).



-how i had afternoon with Jane at UCC, and how she witnessed my sister ate all of my mango crepe (peace, Kai!),haha....



-how i stayed at my mama's house the entire time, and felt like her little girl once again. i slept in her bedroom (not that we did alot of sleeping, not when my mom and my sis, just talk the entire night). i miss that!



- how i spent an evening of chatting and food with my supergirls at Vanille. what fun talking about Mimi's brood of help, Mai-mai's impending exams, and Kaith's travelling plans, and the supergirls future plans of where to enrol their chikitings.(i was listening intently and it scared me how expensive it is to have children nowadays!). how bright and friendly Alex (Chin's little girl) is, and how cute and kissable Charlie is...



-how after the dinner, my sister Ankai, my bestfriend and cousin Karla, and cousins Tony and Ruby and i went to The Spa and had a wonderful full body massage. and how im missing that right now.



* * *

oh and these too:



-arrived back in the UK on Monday, the 4th of May, and slept at 4 pm and woke up tuesday.

-i rushed to finish my assignment on Tuesday, as deadline of handing in was the next day, Wednesday, 6th of April.

-back to university on Wednesday, and felt the freedom of handing in an essay which was playing on my mind, the whole time i was in Cebu. (i even had dreams about it, lol...stress dreams).

-back to work today, and how i miss my work. and how blessed i am that i work in a job i love, with people i admire,and that i am treasured and taken cared of.

-and how im sleeping at weird times, and waking up really early at dawn...



* * *

i sure am not at loss of things to talk about the next few days...xxx

6 comments:

trinity said...

wow dear you are indeed bursting with happiness. MA happy sad kog apil :D Thanks for sharing!

Aileen said...

missing you so much! thank you for surprising me. i feel very special. and the photos, so sorry wala na siya kaabot before you left. but i will surely send you your copy.

thank you for everything, chel.

photosandmemos said...

Filay=) thank you=) i wish tua sad ka=) when pa kaha ta magkuyog no?=)

photosandmemos said...

hi ai!!!=) grabe, i still replay over an over again our conversations, gimingaw gyud ko nimo=) and your sister who's so sweet=)
surprising you was the best highligh of that "surprise cebu trip" =)

plain jin said...

life is beautiful, chel. =)

ps love the flat, red shoes!

photosandmemos said...

life is beautiful, chel. =)

ps love the flat, red shoes!

- - -

jin, life is indeed beautiful..esp with friends like you guys that surround me=)

the red shoes was supposed to jazz up the lain black outfit,hehe=)