Wednesday 27 May 2009

told to leave

i was sent home today. nicely.

but still it hurt.

blame it on neuroses about grades and an attitude of being a stickler to perfect attendance, i was tearful when i rang adrian in my car. (and of course, he said " i told you so, blah,blah,blah,dont go to work, blah di blah..).


it would have been fine if i was at work. (because i have an impeccable attendance sheet), it would have been okay for me to miss a day. but being a student and wanting a wonderful grade in this internship, i felt rotten to be asked to "recuperate and recover fully" from my present condition. gosh! they make it sound like im giving them leprosy or som'in.


my colleagues probably felt irritated wth my constant sniffling, coughing and sneezing, sometimes, (all together in one go too).

they were very sympathetic and very considerate about my ilness, they forget, i need to work an extra day to make up for this absence.

darn.

remind me, who ever said the idea of being a student is great?

next time i have another wild idea of enrolling myself into something "productive" and "empowering" once again, (like a Master's degree), please shoot me.


* * *


i went to the toilet to get rid of a really awful throat substance, i quickly glanced in the mirror.

geez!

no wonder, they were really in a rush to get me packing.


* * *

im ill.....i miss my mama....

8 comments:

Shutterfairy said...

Hugs chel.. Your rotation is at pedia pa?
You have to rest..rest well.
If naa pa Lang ko dinha, I'll be your nurse.. A strict one.. Heheh.

Aileen said...

you need to rest. nothing, not even a perfect grade, is worth your health.

get well real soon. *hugs*

hiddenrage said...

Hugs chel.. Your rotation is at pedia pa?
You have to rest..rest well.
If naa pa Lang ko dinha, I'll be your nurse.. A strict one.. Heheh.

- - -

hi mai=) thanks, i would love you to be my nurse...pero hadlok ko sa strict nurse,haha=)

i am resting=) promise=)

hiddenrage said...

you need to rest. nothing, not even a perfect grade, is worth your health.

get well real soon. *hugs*

- - -

thanks ai=) i am really resting=) im in the couch, just watching tv and doing very little=)

thank you so much ai=)

trinity said...

oh no, nasakit pud ka? :( *hugs*

hiddenrage said...

hi fil!!! nasakit gyud ko=) murag manghod ni sa swine flu,haha=) ask therese unsa akong tingog sa phon, mura kog 80 years old..today, wala na koy voice...:-(

Patricia said...

awww, i hope you're ok now. *hugs* chelo

hiddenrage said...

thanks patricia=)