Friday 13 August 2010

last minute hi-ho

on my last day before we fly,im supposed to be packing and arranging the last minute stuff. but here i am answering phone calls and emails from my university. they have emailed me regarding my essay (remember the dining table saga?), well i got really good feedback (and grade! woohoo!!) from that, and im absolutely ecstatic.

also, a phone call asking me if im interested in working in Learning Disabilities for Adults. DUh! would i just! absolutely, i am! Jobs like these comes once in a blue moon, and the learning opportunities are massive=) i spoke with the Clinical Lead and she told me the benefits and the responsibilutities,but i was too excited to concentrate. besides, the lady said, she thinks its tailor-made for me, *happy*.


the catch? i had to submit my application ASAP, as the deadline is the week after (and im in India). so the moment we ended the phone call, i had to submit my CV and the tedious process of filling up forms online.

talk about BUSY, i am really not exaggerating.


The good thing too, that means, i will have more time to entertain Kharla when she's here in September while waiting for the things to get finalized! (WOohoo again!)! September, roll on in=)


Technically, i dont have THE job thats being offered yet (as the powers that be has to go through red tape) , but its not a worry, as i currently am still working (well semi working as im in university too),and if i get the job, i will just slide into the new one from the old one. Praying it will be given to me too, as one of their requirement was flexibility working in the weekends (if needed, but swapped with weekday off), which can be a tough case, but lets see.


So, in between, answering emails, sending job applications,tidying up, blogging,haha and banking transactions, life is hectic..yet, life is good.


***

Flying to India in a few hours...

Excited for the possibilities that await me.


***


Things im looking forward to in this trip:

-a whole body massage at an Ayurvedic centre in one of the lodges we will be staying at

-Elephant safari

-the Keralan backwaters (which i heard is an out-of-this world experience)

-the safari lodge where we are booked to stay at

-the Tea plantation in one of India's peaks

-the authentic Indian food we will be served from our hosts

-the weddings im attending (and capturing,be still my heart, and Lord, please help me rise to the challenge)

-the Riverboat lodge cruising through the backwaters, where we are also billeted for two nights

-the castles and museums that were booked to see

-Ashrams were planning to visit and meditate at


-the Kathakali cultural show-- a highly costumed stage play reenacting the triumph of Good over Bad (the make up and costumes, i am so looking forward to see)


-the backstreets of a very rural Indian town

-the culture that im about to sample and witness (disclaimer: but obviously thru a visitors eyes)


-although i am sad, i wont be able to see jaipur and the pink city and the Taj Mahal, but i hope there will be a next time to visit it. for the meantime, i will be concentrating on the Southern part of India (the not so often featured part of India and apparently has the best seafood) specifically Kerala and Tamil Nadu, its food,its colours, its smells (Aileen, i will bring the pinchers as promised,haha),and its taste..


I am grateful for all the good things i am given, i just wish i can take you all with me=)



**

Thank you heavens, for always for knowing what i need before i do.

Thank you family and friends, for always being there.

x

Eat,Pray, Love (ok, copyright to Ms.Gilbert,haha).


The Rage
x




***

this is a sample of a video i saw for Kerala--often called as God's Own Country






copyright to ClaudioSilvano's Youtube account

2 comments:

Aileen said...

You certainly are deserving of ALL these GOOD things, Chel. You do! And I'm extremely happy for you and very very PROUD of you!

Enjoy India. Live the dream for me.
Take care of the tummy while you're there and never get sick so you'll enjoy to the max!

Think of me when you see, touch, ride the elephants. (Bring me an elephant, the real one ha, because I want them for pets. Haha).

Come back with beautiful stories and pictures! :) Safe travels!

*HUGS*

hiddenrage said...

Hi ai=) you and the rest of my friends always say that about being careful about tummy upset.I will do my best na dili ko magkasakit sa tummy, oh no esp Adrian who has a sensitive tummy:-(

I will bring you an elephant..named Chelo,haha..

thanks for thinking i deserve all the good news=) i try to be good so i attract the good,haha=)


I have not a single iota of a doubt that YOU will conquer INDIA..your talent will take you there..=) You are not Aileen Siroy otherwise=)


PS. im still packing and unpacking..worried about my baggage limit..im off to the airport at 4 AM UK time..