Tuesday 2 February 2010

the auntie who clings to memories...desperately




(my brother jojo, my sweet sister-in-law Mayel...and my favourite little person,Mika, with her tongue out,LOL..photo taken the night we arrived in cebu..sutukil dinnner)



***



goodness. i never knew i would be this attached to my niece.

every single day, her photos are such a pick-me-up after a tiring day at work (thank goodness i have hundreds in my drive stashed for sustenance,lol).

tonight, feeling emotional after a heavy day at work, adrian brought up the topic about mika and how she was such a good girl during our travels. i felt teary eyed. apart from i miss all of the people she lives with, i just miss kissing her chubby cheeks and hearing her squeal with delight.

i wish she's well and healthy, and being a good girl..

im sad i cant see her until 2011 when she's a 2 year old (bless her) by then, but i will be happy because i know she's well taken cared of by her mommy and daddy and her lola helen and her tito roi and tita ana.


***

apologies, im a first time auntie.

and yes, she is cute.


(i used to miss my other nieces/nephews,[children of my cousins] but they never stick around too long to be around me, so never found time to get to know them without their mommies and daddies..unlike Mika who has no choice but be with Adrian and i when we want to,LOL).


***

how about you? who are you missing right now?

6 comments:

Aileen said...

i totally get you, chel! i'm an nth time tita, but i still miss both the big and small ones. sakit sa dughan each time i think about all the things i'm missing!

yes, mika is so cute. i can imagine how much you are missing her. tell jojo and mayel to show her your photo all the time so she won't forget. :)

i miss you, chel. and mom. and clark. and all the kids. and the supergirls (and the sound of their laughter). and masi. and mom's cooking. and larsian bbq. haha. apil gyud ang food!

Mommy Blogs said...

i actually miss not having aches and pains... and the energy to just go about whatever i need to do...

hiddenrage said...

i know you can empathize ai, you are such a loving tita after all=)

hahaha, i didnt know i could be this clingy to my niece...jojo and i have agreed to sit down and do webcamming but both our times are not jiving...

i miss you...i miss laughing and 'yaga-yaga' with you..

hiddenrage said...

oh che..dont worry, hapit na...i wish duol ra ta, mu volunteer gyud ko..=)

Mimi said...

soorry to ruin the mood. i miss my dad.

chel, i can so relate. i felt that way too when i was a first-time aunt to my sis' firstborn!

hiddenrage said...

soorry to ruin the mood. i miss my dad.

chel, i can so relate. i felt that way too when i was a first-time aunt to my sis' firstborn!


***

dont worry mims, you didnt ruin the mood..i can relate to that too..i miss my own father very so often, and i just eat up my feelings..while you, you are in a better place, coz you now exercise..*hugs hugs hugs*

i am such a needy clingy auntie mims,i hope i get over this when im a mother myself,LOL.