Thursday 8 October 2009

beauty

being beautiful is how you feel.

i feel rotten most days. i know,maybe because the face that greets me (in the mirror) in the morning, is a face you would only encounter during nightmares and occasional horror movies.

but give me a few hours, id feel beautiful again. this is after a slather of cosmetics. (ive taken photos of myself, with and without make up, there is a marked difference,ok, so ayaw pakiglalis,LOL..*think: juiceko, unsa nalang gyud kaha kung wala'y make up noh?* exactly!hehe).

even when someone compliments me (out of politeness or whatever), i dont feel it.

its not about lack of confidence, its about reality .

and not being delusional.

i know where im good at, i know which areas i need to flaunt, and aha, beauty was never my strongest points.

but when i put on a nice outfit, a wonderful pair of shoes, a hint of jo malone's, and a dab of blusher, then id feel 'yup, my confidence goes up a notch'.

i dont have hang ups about my looks. it does not bother me because i dont need it for my job and most esp with the kind of friends i keep (theyd rather you're inteligent, talented and humanistic than be a dumbtwit dollface...=)

and in my family, youre beautiful if youre funny, so i always thought i was beautiful growing up. (only to realize that in the real world, beauty is a different definition).

in my teenage years,i was lucky enough to have found men(err boys) who found my personality 'sexy' and called me beautiful (in short, nakailad sad ko'g ubay-ubay).

in my thirties now,and married, and has no plans whatsover to beautify myself for 'boys' but for myself, i seem to have known what to do...my magic wand aka make up brushes, will remedy it, albeit temporarily.

so whats the problem you ask?

i do somehow get bothered, that sometimes, in the middle of the night, i go to the loo, and forget there's a mirror somewhere.

that mirror, when a hint of light grazes it, i sometimes, scare myself.

how pathetic is that?!


***


how about you, amaze (amuse) me,with your wits, tell me:


1) what makes you feel beautiful?..


2) what makes you feel 'not so beautiful' (for those who never felt this, skip number 2,LOL)


3)how do you see yourself now? beautywise?..(can i just say, you're all beautiful to me)...


im tagging: you: therese, chichi, aileen, maimai, jane,patricia, ankai,...and all those who want to tell me what their definition of beauty is about...xxx

12 comments:

Mommy Blogs said...

(1) what makes me beautiful is my mind! hehehe! true no matter what the others say about how i look i would always believe what i feel and think about myself. thus, i need to be mentally healthy!

(2) when the world around me is in chaos i feel like trash myself. and mostly, if i do get crazy i feel like the ugliest person i know!

(3) oh i feel fantastic now and fabulous bahala na mo! LOL! i hope i'd stay this way though...

i miss you so much chelo! can't wait to burn the lines with you very soon =)

(3)

Mommy Blogs said...

and if you're in cebu you have got to check those mirrors around you kay sus pastilan ka arte sa mga taw diri!!! hehehe!

JiN said...

"i do somehow get bothered, that sometimes, in the middle of the night, i go to the loo, and forget there's a mirror somewhere.

that mirror, when a hint of light grazes it, i sometimes, scare myself."

winner! hahaha! pwede muligid, chel? LOL! lahi man sad ako-a. i seldom scare myself when I look at mirrors I forgot are there (kay di nako matablan sa lubat sa akong nawng. LOL!). usahay kay, especially sa malls, makaagi kog samin but i only look at it from the corner of my eyes, makatan-aw kog balik. abi nakog nakakita kog pareha nakong nawng! schizo?! hahaha! :hide:

daoy. i would want to learn how to put on makeup. sadly, kutob ra ko lip and cheek tint na baratohon. LOL! :hide:

og sa dihang nang-tag jud. huna-hunaon sa nako chel ha. :hide: murag kutob ra man ko number one na question oi. esee...haha. jk.

hiddenrage said...

therese, i agree, our minds wil always make us beautiful...if we think it, we feel it=)mao nang when everything is out of our order, we cant function..hmnn, signs of OCD huh?hahaha..

i always am mesmerized mag tan-aw sa mga taw sa phils, because they all look beautified no matter what (come hail, rain-or flooding)...and i take inspiration from that and try to emulate that,LOL...


i miss you too..hurry home...nah, basin dili sad ta maka chikka when you get back, coz you know how busy life is, work, studies and laag-laag with my family when theyre here...=) but i will make the most to singit you=)

hiddenrage said...

winner! hahaha! pwede muligid, chel? LOL! lahi man sad ako-a. i seldom scare myself when I look at mirrors I forgot are there (kay di nako matablan sa lubat sa akong nawng. LOL!). usahay kay, especially sa malls, makaagi kog samin but i only look at it from the corner of my eyes, makatan-aw kog balik. abi nakog nakakita kog pareha nakong nawng! schizo?! hahaha! :hide:

daoy. i would want to learn how to put on makeup. sadly, kutob ra ko lip and cheek tint na baratohon. LOL! :hide:

og sa dihang nang-tag jud. huna-hunaon sa nako chel ha. :hide: murag kutob ra man ko number one na question oi. esee...haha. jk.


***

hahaha,ayaw'g ligid jane, unless namapha naka's salog,hahaha. bwahahaha, abi nimo kinsa tong niagi sa samin jane, si ikaw ra diay toh,hahaha...

jane, ayaw nalang sugdi sugdi magkat-on ug make-up kay nah, mapareha kang karla, akong gitudluan,naadik na nuon,hahaha..

answer the tag, or else...inig kita nato,gitikon tikaw pag ayo=)LOL...

Anonymous said...

i feel beautiful when i get a bunch of flowers, when i get a cuddle even when i stink, or when people write somehing nice about me that i do not expect. in short beauty inside ra ni ako na feel.wala pa ko kasuway ug outside.maayo ra pud oi kay basin kapoy maintain outside beauty. lazy kaayo ko ana. -normita

Shutterfairy said...

will do the tag because I love thee.. wait sa.. let me laugh sa.. juiceko!

hiddenrage said...

i feel beautiful when i get a bunch of flowers, when i get a cuddle even when i stink, or when people write somehing nice about me that i do not expect. in short beauty inside ra ni ako na feel.wala pa ko kasuway ug outside.maayo ra pud oi kay basin kapoy maintain outside beauty. lazy kaayo ko ana. -normita

***

youve brought up alot of interesting points Norms..esp someone cuddling you even if you know youre not at your best=)

youve got the best dimples ive seen=)

and that alone could captivate anyone when you smile=)

hiddenrage said...

will do the tag because I love thee.. wait sa.. let me laugh sa.. juiceko!

***

hahaha...hello mai=) i will let you laugh because i love thee too,haha=)

Aileen said...

for me, you are beautiful, chel. =) body to soul. =)

when do i feel beautiful? i'm finding this question difficult. but one day, remind me to tell you why. =)

Patricia said...

chelo, funny kaayo ka! you are beautiful oi! inside and out! trust me on this! =)

ako? i feel beautiful when i'm happy, accomplished, rested, and excited. =)

hiddenrage said...

chelo, funny kaayo ka! you are beautiful oi! inside and out! trust me on this! =)

ako? i feel beautiful when i'm happy, accomplished, rested, and excited. =)

**

hello gorgeous=)

i can only be funny around people im comfortable with..=)

you are beatufiul to me always=)