Saturday 10 October 2009

the impending visit

Mama


my Mama, August 2008 taken by the D200..


***


my mama is visiting me for two months.

she is expected to land at heathrow via british airways on wednesday morning. (another blog altogether..im still debating whether i'll go absent from uni that day, or take her with me to uni..adrian doesn't think i should leave my mom on her own because she'll feel lonely left on her own on her first day.. i agree, but i dont think i could miss the session that day as its the bulk of our thesis..what to do??).

needless to say, i am so excited and im so over the moon.

i want my mama to have the best time of her life. she deserves this vacation for the longest time..this was postponed 3x already. once with papa's birth certificate problem, then secondly when papa died, and last july when Ana and Roi's visa holdup..

[speaking of Ana and Roi---they have the option of coming this November for 5 weeks--due to their schedules, and or early next year, for two to three months..i'd know as soon as Ana finishes her finals]

i have some things lined up for my mama already. (the whole family in fact...) sights to see, plays to watch, activities to do...but i also am careful not to get carried away, because sometimes, fate does not let you forget that it has its own mind..no matter the careful planning and orchestrating of things to happen, if fate does not will it, it will not happen.


and certainly, with all the above in mind, i have some niggling worries in my head:

-will she enjoy england in autumn?

its dark and wet for most times of the day. you wake up to darkness, and the gray coloured skies.. if youre not used to it, will speak of sadness and melancholy. im glad, i have gotten used to it. i have now embraced the grayness with openness and calm, instead of my usual resistance. but it took me years to get adjusted.


-what will she do when im at work? at uni?

i have one month leave in november to be with her, but there is still the remaining days of october for her to be cooped up alone in the house for most weekdays. will she think of home most of the time? will she cry and feel abandoned?


-would she love our 'to do" list?

the usual touristy stuff (buckingham palace, kensington, museums, harrods,tower of london,etc)..and boy oh boy, the 'secret' unusual untouristy things ive set out for her. but will she enjoy tea, scones and english ceremonial teas,the markets we can trawl, the antiques on display at portobello market road, my 'suki' photoshop, the fish mongers at billingsgate and the malling dates i have penned.


-will she enjoy the food?

i have restaurants for her to try. i know im in for a treat because my mama will cook for me at least 3-4x a week, and the rest will be eating out. but will she feel elated to hear that we are eating out? would she rather stay in the comfort of home and eat what's familiar and usual?



-will she bear the cold?

i still struggle with the chill. i hope she will bear it effortlessly.


with all hopes, i pray she will enjoy the experience...and of course, that she will be safe on her flight, as shes travelling on her own.


one thing i will not doubt though, i know she will miss her one and only granddaughter Mika..


***

i cannot contain my excitement..im going to have my mama for myself, for a few weeks, (until Ana and Roi could get here), is something i look forward to.

my heart is dancing in happiness..

***

how is your heart lately my lovelies?

16 comments:

Mommy Blogs said...

i am excited for you and mama! i know she will enjoy it despite the weather... being with you is what matters...

my heart can't wait to be reunited with my beloved! and i am excited to hear my little one's heartbeat via doppler =)

Shutterfairy said...

If I were you'll let me go with her and I'll entertain her while you're away. =)

hiddenrage said...

i am excited for you and mama! i know she will enjoy it despite the weather... being with you is what matters...

my heart can't wait to be reunited with my beloved! and i am excited to hear my little one's heartbeat via doppler =)

***

thanks therese=) i really hope so..i will try my very best ma enjoy siya=) hinuon simple ra ni siya'g 'wants'...

i wish your heart the best che..to be with our hubby is the best and safest feeling in he world..murag dili kumpleto if wala sila..i wish your little one a safe journey til 9 months che=) *hugs*

hiddenrage said...

If I were you'll let me go with her and I'll entertain her while you're away. =)

***


i will let you come mai,hahaha...i wish ingon ana ka sayon noh?haha..one day it will be, kung daghan nako money=)

konsuy said...

i'm sure your mama will enjoy. stop worrrying yourself. with you around, she will truly be happy. beautiful gyud kaayo ka ug mama chel.

Aileen said...

i'm sure mama will enjoy her time there, chel. =) i'm excited for her!

hiddenrage said...

i'm sure your mama will enjoy. stop worrrying yourself. with you around, she will truly be happy. beautiful gyud kaayo ka ug mama chel.


**
thanks chichi=)im always a worrier..esp with people i love...

hiddenrage said...

i'm sure mama will enjoy her time there, chel. =) i'm excited for her!

***


thanks ai...ikaw napud sunod ha!!!=)
x

heartmurmurs said...

na excited ko ug apil while reading this chel!!!

hiddenrage said...

na excited ko ug apil while reading this chel!!!

**

thanks norms!...

xx

diba muabot sad imo mama?=)

Aileen said...

thanks ai...ikaw napud sunod ha!!!=)
x

- - - - -

i hope the universe is listening! =) i would love to visit you, chel! as in!

hiddenrage said...

i hope the universe is listening! =) i would love to visit you, chel! as in!


***

with you, nothing is impossible..

the universe has favourites...and it seems like, parehas mi ug favourite,LOL...the Lightchaser...

see you soon!..x

Aileen said...

with you, nothing is impossible..

the universe has favourites...and it seems like, parehas mi ug favourite,LOL...the Lightchaser...

see you soon!..x

- - - - -

*sniff*

hiddenrage said...

meant from the heart ai...=)

Patricia said...

chelo, i'm so excited for you!!!! finally, your mom will be there na gyud!

hiddenrage said...

yesss:-)i wish she has a little bit of tita loy's love for everything british, mas sayon ra i-please=)

so, when are you and tita loy coming to visit me?=)