Saturday 2 October 2010

there are not enough hours

...to do all the things i want to do in my day.

if i could switch research and reading academic books to blogging i would. but i cant. (for now).


i feel cruel, to say the least, when i look at this online journal i call my blog, and that the last update was in a different month.


the most recent notable thing that happened to me was my birthday. (dont ask how old i am, i stopped counting at 26).

[the weird part,i also have to pause to really think of my real age. for now, my mom is the only person who knows it, but she's on good stipend to keep mum on it, and its stipulated on our contract to never give it away,haha]. *joke*


before i digress even further, the recent birthday was really a beautiful one. because it was the one, in the last 7 years which i spent with Adrian and someone from my family. since i moved to this country i have been celebrating my birthdays with newly-formed friendships,and new acquaintances (not bad either), as all my love ones are back home. (although, not to discount the fact, my husband,Adrian is always there, he also realises that i crave that familial ties on birthdays).


this year was different. my cousin Karla and my bestest friend in the planet flew all the way from cebu for it. we started celebrating on a Saturday (my birthday was on the Sunday), with a show at the Westend. Mamma Mia was a great show. It was a treat from Adrian, and a dinner at one of our fave Italian near Drury Lane, San Francesco's. Then on a rainy windy Sunday, celebrated with mass, a birthday brunch and a tour around Maldon estuary.

On the saturday celebration, the three of us enjoyed Mamma Mia, and the dinner, not to mention the late night walkabout Trafalgar square and Victoria. London was abuzz that night, amidst the chilly wind.


We got home just before midnight. And by midnight, i was handed a really special present from all my family.


It was in DVD form. And i was truly chuffed to say the least.


My sister edited the video (hurriedly) i might add, to send to me,just before Karla was leaving for the UK.


its such a beautiful birthday present. The humor, and love, i could feel from it so abundantly.


***

Starring:

Mama, Jojo my brother), Roi (brother), Joan and Sean (cousin/cousin-in-law), AUntie Libeth and Uncle Victor, Tonyrose (cousin), Tita Tootsie, Suzette, Auntie Teresa, RUby and Ana..and Bob (the dog).


Birthday video , birthday gift from my family (2010) from chelo aviso-stevart on Vimeo.


***

thank you's are very much in call for:

Aileen Siroy- for that beautiful birthday blog..and to be amongst your friends who are such admirable people, i feel like im not worthy to be amongst them in the same page. (but so privileged to be).Thanks Ai.. Your friendship and love, i will treasure and take care forever=)


Therese Habana- the phonecalls to greet me (at 3 am UK time!,haha)..greatly appreciated and much adored. And to hear Mr. Habana (who was a classmate in HS of mine) greet me was such bonus=) I still had to pinch myself thats it indeed the two of you together. Beautiful tandem you two=)


Lynette- beautiful postcards from her part of the world and a card. How awesome to be remembered that way? Thank you Nette, you definitely are not only thoughtful, you have a very sensitive and loving soul..=)


Multiply, Twitter and FB messages- thank you from the very bottom of my heart . Waking up to birthday messages are such wonderful platform to spring from.


***

Thank you, all of you, for making this girl a happy bunny:-)

6 comments:

chiarajulieann said...

thank you Chel for sharing the video of your family! your brothers are so "little-brother-cute"! ha ha ha.

sige lang, Chel, mag hulat lang mi ug di na kaayo ka abot-liug sa mga himoonon. don't worry too much about it. there is time for everything, even if it doesn't feel like it. =D

konsuy said...

you deserve all that and more chel. ingon ana ka ka special. happy birthday.

Patricia said...

i'm glad your birthday was wonderful chelo! you deserve more pa gani. i miss you, you lovely lady you!

hiddenrage said...

thank you Chel for sharing the video of your family! your brothers are so "little-brother-cute"! ha ha ha.

sige lang, Chel, mag hulat lang mi ug di na kaayo ka abot-liug sa mga himoonon. don't worry too much about it. there is time for everything, even if it doesn't feel like it. =D

***

youre so sweet chiar=) yes, they are my life, my family..

so getting this video from them is priceless..best gift they have given me so far..=)

thanks for your comment regarding my bros..theyre sweet=)

i will do my best to post every now and again=)thanks so much chiar=)

hiddenrage said...

you deserve all that and more chel. ingon ana ka ka special. happy birthday.


***

thanks chi..im touched by that comment=)

hiddenrage said...

i'm glad your birthday was wonderful chelo! you deserve more pa gani. i miss you, you lovely lady you!


***


thanks so much my dearest patricia=) you really know how what to say to pick me up=) your birthday's almost here! =)i miss you!!!