Monday 13 July 2009

unravel

i always loved that word.

it brings up an image of a nicely knit-top slowly untangling the knits to reveal whats underneath.

or a scenery thats unfolding right before our eyes.

i was happily trudging in the internet one april night when i came upon a blog announcing how one starts to unravel the mysteries of oneself by joining a self discovery course.

what caught me were the words that said " ways to see yourself". how timely.. it was the time i was in between flying to Prague for a mini break and to Cebu right after for my brother's wedding while i was bombarded with wants i knew i could do without (babies? or uni? babies or uni?).


i was in a crossfire of listening to the many voices in my soul, that needed enriching.

my brain is enriched with academic input from university work. my heart is enriched with my work in occupational therapy, so are my hands. but my soul needed enriching. to dig deep behind the materialism that faces me day in and out (did i really need that new top?), and just digging more deep underneath the cynicism that i see day to day when i talk to people who hold the "ive been there and done that" attitude, its knackering (for the lack of a better term) and soul destroying most often than not.

the promise of seeing myself in a different way and looking and digging deeper was so inviting (and so refreshingly positive) that i decided to enrol in its late summer intake (coz i knew i was free from university classes). i emailed Susannah,the woman behind the course and the rest is history.


let the unravelling begin.





BNW Me

me, midnight coffee-cafe crawl in Prague...our last night in the city.



* * *

how timely too. something to keep my hands and mind busy while i fiddle impatiently for my siblings' visas to come through.



* * *

will you unravel with me? *Hugs*



12 comments:

Jin said...

kanindot ana chel oi. =) here's to self enrichment. *hugs* will unravel with you. =)

Shutterfairy said...

I love ink on my fingers... I read her a lot!

Patricia said...

wish i could join you! that sounds divine!

hiddenrage said...

kanindot ana chel oi. =) here's to self enrichment. *hugs* will unravel with you. =)

--

thanks jane!=)...i would love that=)

hiddenrage said...

I love ink on my fingers... I read her a lot!

---

wow mai=) shes so inspirational noh? she takes beautiful polaroid photos=)

hiddenrage said...

wish i could join you! that sounds divine!

---
join patricia!!=) i joined her emailing list, she emails you when the opening of her courses are, then the moment you get it, pa enrol dayon coz she takes around 150 students everywhere in the world, but the course gets filled up the moment she announces it=)

Patricia said...

i think i'm in love with susannah! =)

Baraginie said...

Of course I will be unraveling with you, I am a fellow student who is really looking forward to getting to know everyone.. Enjoy, and see you in class!! :)

hiddenrage said...

i think i'm in love with susannah! =)

---

we all are Patricia=) she is such a living example of her teachings=) You should join the next intake Pat, youd definitely like it=)

hiddenrage said...

Of course I will be unraveling with you, I am a fellow student who is really looking forward to getting to know everyone.. Enjoy, and see you in class!! :)

---

hello fellow unraveller=) im loving your blog=)

see you in class...(flickr group photos are amazing).


Ragen
x

trinity said...

Chelo, she is one person I stalk haha! She was featured at Artful Blogging, and the Marisa mentioned on one of her entries is another one I stalk too, at Creative Thursdays! :D

hiddenrage said...

Chelo, she is one person I stalk haha! She was featured at Artful Blogging, and the Marisa mentioned on one of her entries is another one I stalk too, at Creative Thursdays! :D

--

she's great fil=) i so love the course=) the structure is amazing=) im seeing so much of myself i tried ignoring for some time=)
hahaha, i think we stalk the same people in the net=)