Monday 7 September 2009

speaking of birthdays..behold a selfcentred entry

BNW Caitblog14


*presents at the recent 5th bday party i went to*

**



i have been receiving a few queries about what i wanted for my birthday.

now, please dont take this blog,as too assumming that everyone want to give me birthday presents, no, i dont think that.

i write this, because once and for all ( i know the few readers of this blog, are quiet curious what to send me).

to be honest: i will be more than happy with a birthday card,sent all the way to the UK...receiving a handwritten message, is such a treasure because i know, its not easy to trek to the post ofice to drop something for international post. im busy (and lazy) like that. plus the thought, of what kind of card they send me, is part of the process

it goes to say, that a letter written to me, sent throught the post is always a treasure..its nice to read your thoughts, and i know, i will treasure handwritten letters all the more..

and because i know of the post, better-late-than-never-type of mailcard is also accepted..i know the postal system is literally snail pace too.


speaking of cards, an ecard is also very much welcome. i get excited to see everyone's creativity in tribute to me,LOL (vain,much?). i always feel loved whenever i read it and find it beautiully posted in one's blog page.


and of course, A BLOG(if you're a blogger) specially for me,just satiates my attention-whoring. i always feel loved when someone "writes" about me (nice words pud ha, birthday baya,Lol)..not just flimsy surface description of me..something that tickles my self centredness,and my vanity..because, yes, birthdays are the only day im licensed to let go of my attention-seeking perversion. its been dormant the last few 364 days..or i try to, at least.


saying that, when someone 'writes a blog' about me, need they have to be confident enough to do so, well, not necessarily. even if you feel you dont know me well enough, just write your perspective, when and how we became friends..and why you think our friendhsip is promised a beautiful future. and insert some traits that you find of me,that contribute to our friendship to one another..okey, thats pushing it too much,hahaha..



***


now some people who want to spend money (but dont need to), still insists of giving me something material..lo and behold, no need to get something expensive...

value for me is measured in the meaning of the gift, than the price...


the beautifully designed blog from Patricia is one obvious example..(always a big treasure on my lap everytime she gives me her beautiful creation)..it could cost me an arm and a leg normally but im lucky that im one of the beneficiaries of her generosity



needless to say, im also into cheap, hollow thrills..


-cheap tagalog dvds. i know. it makes me happy. and kills my boredom, if i have a rare "me" time.


-filipino artist cds..yes, why not? i havent had Side A band for a while. and even Rico Puno, Apo Hiking Soceity.. Dont try getting me the Sitti, The Company and artists that play bossa nova, i have my own bossa nova mafia, who religiously sends me them (Karla,haha). and im actually looking for the Armida Sigiuon Reyna songs,and the likes...if you come to my home, youd know how eclectic my cd collection is..i play DJ in my own living room, the walls, my listeners, the curtains, the unwilling witnesses to my idiosyncrasy.




**

and of course, you can be creative too.

a text, a simple PM,a tweet, and whatever you can get hold of, is so big for me already.


and, as much as i still appreciate FB status greetings..it wont have the same meaning as a private message, or any of the above..

i cant seem to find value, being put somewhere, where one normally, announce, their being bored or when theyre going to sleep, or going to take a shower.


[unlike a tweet, you dont tweet just to be cute, or bored..you tweet because you have something to say, important to a few set..a text costs you a peso, and not to mention that arthritic causing thumb pinching, and private message, well, its full of intent and purpose--so much more meaningful...

unlike an FB message status..most of the time, people write on it without intent, or purpose, just a passing thought, open to a vast audience who dont give jack]..


***

happy thoughts.


10 comments:

Shutterfairy said...

I'm so poor in remembering bday dates.. you have to tell me if you're a virgo like me?? lol..

Me too. I don't wish for material things during bdays. I like people! you know human who will laugh and speak with me.

JiN said...

hahaha! i love this entry, chel! =)it's always nice to know of someone who's excited of his/her own birthday. i don't think tanan kay muangkon ana! hahaha! love you, chel. =)

PS i love your new theme, by the way. nice kaayo ang mga hinimo ni Pat. =) for a while I thought I loaded the wrong blog! LOL!

Mommy Blogs said...

hmmm! unsa kaha noh? esep esep...
i miss you chelily!

hiddenrage said...

I'm so poor in remembering bday dates.. you have to tell me if you're a virgo like me?? lol..

Me too. I don't wish for material things during bdays. I like people! you know human who will laugh and speak with me.

**

i love people in my b irthdays too mai=) dali ra gyud ko palipayon=) i never had a big birthday celebration in my life=) i didnt even have a debut=) i said to myself inig 40 years old nako mag big party,haha=)

apir ta aning duha=) i love handwritten letters and that means so much na=)

LIbra ko Mai=) september 26=)

hiddenrage said...

hahaha! i love this entry, chel! =)it's always nice to know of someone who's excited of his/her own birthday. i don't think tanan kay muangkon ana! hahaha! love you, chel. =)

PS i love your new theme, by the way. nice kaayo ang mga hinimo ni Pat. =) for a while I thought I loaded the wrong blog! LOL!

**


jinjin=)hahaha, muangkon gyud ko, i love my birthday=) and i love being the centre of attention on my birthday, but i know thats not possible all the time,hahaha=) realistic lang sad,LOL..=)

patricia is amazing gyud=) walay kakupas kupas ni iyang talent,hahaha=) love you janey jinjin=)

hiddenrage said...

hmmm! unsa kaha noh? esep esep...
i miss you chelily!

**

hmmmnnn, banquet???hahaha, *joke*..but puwede sad tinud-on=)hahaha=)

mrs,habana,i nice phone call would do me fine=) or a PM..thats would make me VERY VERY happy=)

Patricia said...

chelo i miss you! thank you for letting us know what you like! =)

hiddenrage said...

chelo i miss you! thank you for letting us know what you like! =)

**

i miss you too pat=) i miss our heart to hearts and our little chats about life, and just purely vanity in general,LOL=)

Patricia said...

can't wait to see you (and adrian) in december!!!!!

hiddenrage said...

can't wait to see you (and adrian) in december!!!!!

**

youre in cebu in december???!!!! wow!!!! im excited even more=)