Tuesday 12 January 2010

back here

my jetagged mind woke me up at 2:45am (UK time).

then at 3:50am.

then at 7am.

i could not resist it anymore. i stood up, drank a glass of tepid water and read the book im trying to finish.

perhaps, its about time too. the Philippines is after all 7 hours ahead of the UK so my body was pushing me to move as it still feels its at 2pm tropical heat to the 7am, darkness and chill reality i was in.


reading wasnt any success at all. i eventually relent to a blog entry.


i arrived only yesterday, monday, 11th of january, yet after reading my friends' blogs about our fun and adventure we had together,it felt like a different century has passed between here and then. the memories and laughter are still so remarkably fresh but when i try to remember the details of that day, i get some blurring on the edges.

my memory fails me sometimes (most of the time when it matters, and yet, remembers the most dire of things), and this is the very reason why i want to write.

because when i read things my friends have written, things spring up from nowhere and become triggers to a blurry vision of a not-so-distant past,making things fresher and more alive...and more painful.

aha!

there i said it. i avoid blogs, and reminiscing for now, lest i want to be reminded of the painful memory of leaving my love ones in that blasted airport.

but blogs are my saviours. and my pleasure. i crave and devour them like fillet steak to a hungry mind.

so i will, and i will write for my sake. and for my family's sake.

to continue where we have left.

there's about half a foot of snow outside, my husband sleeping peacefully at our bed, yet here i am, in my undress, writing to save my heart.

this is where the 'goodbyes' start to transcend into 'hello's'.

and 'until then's'.





a photo of myself and barely 4-month old baby niece Mika..who by the way, apart from the youngest addition to the family, is the main reason why homecoming this time for me, a beautiful and meaningful one..

14 comments:

Aileen said...

you string words so beautifully, chel.

heartbreakingly beautiful.

i miss you.

Mommy Blogs said...

chel!!!!!!!! ka cute!!! murag si ankai! =)

***

hoy gimingaw na pud ko nimo noh! we need to chitchat!

Shutterfairy said...

wake adrian up and pose that sultry pose. then he'll be as awake as you are.

miss ya.

hiddenrage said...

you string words so beautifully, chel.

heartbreakingly beautiful.

i miss you.

***

if thats the way you put it, then i believe you.

thank you for thinking so..

i miss you even more.

i saw photos of that day we fooled around with our cameras, i am again, transported to somewhere magical and beautiful..

hiddenrage said...

"chel!!!!!!!! ka cute!!! murag si ankai! =)"

***

"hoy gimingaw na pud ko nimo noh! we need to chitchat!"


@@@@@@@

i miss you therese!!! super,my tiny dynamo of a friend=)

how are you and the baby? hows mark? when are you going to cebu? dungan ta!!! (gosh, theres sooo much to talk about with you)

baby Mika looks like us..the Aviso side...=)

hiddenrage said...

wake adrian up and pose that sultry pose. then he'll be as awake as you are.

miss ya.


***

miss you mai!!!=)

hahaha, si adrian, basta sleep, pildi tanan,LOL=)

Lynette said...

welcome back Chel! Miss reading you. Although I'm seeing photos of you, lahi ra gyud. =)

I second Therese. She reminds me of Ankai!

Mommy Blogs said...

chel, im no dynamo! i wish i were!!! oh, if only! yes... a lot to talk about! im still hoping you can visit us this summer.

Patricia said...

i'm so glad you're back and blogging again chelo! it was really fantastic to see you again and be able to laugh with you and hug you. you have a really great gift of making people feel special, do you know that? i can't wait to see you again in 2011!

p.s. thank you for agreeing to be a more permanent part of our lives and our family. =)

hiddenrage said...

welcome back Chel! Miss reading you. Although I'm seeing photos of you, lahi ra gyud. =)

I second Therese. She reminds me of Ankai!

***

awww, Nette, what a sweet thing to say..i also feel that ay when you guys tend to stay away from blogging for a while..it makes me sad when you dont...coz really for lng distance friendships, blogging is our conversation..=) thanks nette, so touched=)

she does look like Ankai, and sometimes my dad or sometimes my brother=)hahaha, were so happy she's part of us na=)

hiddenrage said...

chel, im no dynamo! i wish i were!!! oh, if only! yes... a lot to talk about! im still hoping you can visit us this summer.


***

ikaw che, taas kaayo kag expectation sa imong self, but i think you really are a dynamo..i cant do what you do, multitasking, as in! and im in awe of you for that=)

im praying i could visit you...im just praying that my passport apppication will come through in time=)

hiddenrage said...

i'm so glad you're back and blogging again chelo! it was really fantastic to see you again and be able to laugh with you and hug you. you have a really great gift of making people feel special, do you know that? i can't wait to see you again in 2011!

p.s. thank you for agreeing to be a more permanent part of our lives and our family. =)


***

im so touched by that comment,i am truly truly honored Patricia, that you think so..ijustlove being with people i care for, and i always think first of their welfare before mine=) im so glad too that i was able to hug you before i left, and i will treasure tat thought.

thank you for trusting me..=) i will forever hold that responsibility in my heart=)

heartmurmurs said...

yey!nabalik na si chelo!!!!!!! mingaw na mi nimo.

hiddenrage said...

yey!nabalik na si chelo!!!!!!! mingaw na mi nimo.

**

thanks norms!!! kanus-a ka mu give birth? *hugs* God bless you=)