Tuesday 26 January 2010

morning has broken



(photo: a lovely cottage we passed by during our hiking jaunt
in August, 2009,

Dove Dale,Peak District)




***


you know that feeling that someone just whacked you in the head with something hard and blunt? painful?...but not too painful to kill your lights out? well, thats how i felt the day this happened.

after all the assurances of my love ones that the cousin in question was out of order, i'm beginning to feel my breathing is coming on its normal rhythm, less of the short hard gasps i was experiencing that very day.

i guess, anger does that to me. i presume, it does to everyone.

just when you get over the anger, there is sadness. sadness, that you get a reminder about family squabbles, resentment and general bad feeling, which you just started to get over from.


and even more sadness, that its not over. yet.



***

after talking to people i love, i am reassured that the outburst of that cousin was because he has been having a bad time lately. (works, and family related).

i will give him that.


i also warned them that if the cousin's mom would come and visit, they should avoid small talks and getting entrapped into a conversation that might lead being misinterpreted.


sad,isnt it? that it has come to this?

its not family anymore, if you start to be careful and be wary about what you say to them.

definitely, you should be yourself with your relatives, and be able to share freely and laugh, and joke around, but when one has to tread carefully, i dont know if that is a kind of relationship i want to keep at all.


the signs are there..

one should move on.


***

the husband is turning a year older this thursday (28th). we are off to enjoy a meal at a fine dining chinese restaurant with Mark (my stepson), and my inlaws Anne and Alan.

on Friday night, we are celebrating his birthday with friends Glenn and Cheryl at our favourite indian hangout.

oh the joys of food!

something that always make me smile.

something to definitely make me smile.

4 comments:

Shutterfairy said...

If only we could choose our relatives, I have a handful I don't want to be related with.

But you are way nicer than I am Chel. Kay ako, I ignore them totally.. Sige ko kasukan sa akong mama because di gyud ko managad. Hehehe.. Impakdita man gud ko.

hiddenrage said...

hi mai!! hahaha, sakto, but we cant choose them..sometimes, time let us do the sorting out...look at what happened to me and my relatives from papa's death..we have disintegrated..it was time's way of natural selection,LOL

i am not nice mai...i just dont make a fuss nalang..kapoyan man gud ko ug gubot..samokan ko kaayo..palayo nalang ko..para walay masulti..

thank you for hearing me out.=) *hugs*

Aileen said...

No matter what happened to him, it still was not an excuse to be rude.

When an unfortunate thing happens to us, that's the time I think that we need good karma. What he did was just really bad karma.

Anyway, dapog him really hard the next time you visit. LOL

"you should be yourself with your relatives, and be able to share freely and laugh, and joke around, but when one has to tread carefully, i dont know if that is a kind of relationship i want to keep at all."

I totally agree.

hiddenrage said...

No matter what happened to him, it still was not an excuse to be rude.

When an unfortunate thing happens to us, that's the time I think that we need good karma. What he did was just really bad karma.

Anyway, dapog him really hard the next time you visit. LOL

"you should be yourself with your relatives, and be able to share freely and laugh, and joke around, but when one has to tread carefully, i dont know if that is a kind of relationship i want to keep at all."

I totally agree.

**

I so agree ai..He shouldnt have acted out in that manner..Unfortunately, i cannot dapog him..I will not see him anymore if i could help it. I cant stand people who has issues with other people's happiness..

Thanks ai..you truly get me..i thank you for that=)