Saturday 16 January 2010

i just remembered...

Picked up by my friend Eve, in her daughter's car one summer night to a girly outing, and i commented(whined) about how 'fat'/'oveweight' i was.

Claire, Eve's daughter (who is fabu-loptuous,in her own way), snapped back:
"Ragen, there's no use whining and complaining about it. Do something about it, instead of complaining".

I said, "but im too lazy".


"Stop complaining then. If you cant face up to the fact that you are a little over your desired weight, exercise, or diet. If you wont, then stop yapping about it!".

Well, Claire talks like that, blunt and honest, esp to us, her mom's closest.


She is right.


The very reason i stopped complaining that i am overweight, and 'heavy' since then (ok,save the occasional whining from time to time to my closest) was because of that conversation in her car...

I know why i am fat. There's no reason why i question the gods 'why?'.. It is not because i eat air for dinner. It is because i love my food, and i dont exercise much.

Period. =)



***

I mention how big i am in most conversations, or if there is a situation that calls for it, to save the other person having to describe me, painstakingly, looking for the most politically correct term for the word "fat".


I suppose, the point of this entry is, if you feel you are fat, then yes, diet, and exercise. If you're too lazy to do so (like me), shut your gob up and accept the reality that my dear, you are fat. and there's no two ways about it...


***

i humor myself most of the time, because i cant be angry at every single person who instinctively calls me such.


i have long given up my sensitivity of being called 'fat' or described as that.

and i think its time you do too.





sheep meat has high fat content...just like mine,LOL

2 comments:

konsuy said...

korek korek. ang importante, you are happy and surrounded with people who love you just the way you are. kever na nang uban diha. =)

hiddenrage said...

korek korek. ang importante, you are happy and surrounded with people who love you just the way you are. kever na nang uban diha. =)

***

chi, mao gyud...for a long time, sensitive kaayo ko anang mga name calling about 'fat' people.. esp people who label themselves fat even if they know they are skinny..but right now, i think there are a lot of bigger problems in the world..than just being fat..=)
just see the news ad one is humbled that whatever problems in vanity we have, there are greater suffereing that needs our attention..=)