Wednesday 13 January 2010

there is something in the darkness

there is something in the darkness that my mind seems to work more with it..

when i study for exams, and when i do projects and assignments, do research, i have to do it at such unholy hours that my husband (family) freaks out, im not getting enough sleep.

today, i woke up again, at 7am UK time.

Its still very dark outside, you'd think it was 10 oclock at night. the only resemblance to 7am is the fact that when you turn the tv on, breakfast shows start their hyperactive jingles and of course, that of the clocks insistence that it is definitely 7am.

so i turn the telly off, theres nothing to watch except stare into 42" of moving colour.

i turn my computer on, trawl on sites of my dear friends and family, checking (and hoping) they have posted something to feed my thirst for news and updates.

any updates.

anything would do me right now. a blog about their day, their angst about sinulog traffic, or a picture or two, anything would do. just for me to get that connection.

perhaps because, i am less homesick today.

in fact i am less homesick this homecoming, but i dwell on this longing to be with constant company of friends and family.

i dwell, and because it is my nature to hold on to distant pasts, and cling on to dead memories even if they are far from reviving.

there is something in the darkness that makes one remisnisce, pour emotions, and write things one should probably leave to themselves.

there is something in the darkness, that emotions are heightened, and sensitivities aroused, and cry.

i do.


***

perhaps in the darkness, our hearts see more clearly.

it is in the dark after all that we are left without noises and distractions.

isnt it in the dark that lovers consummate passion in wild abandon? isnt it in the dark that artists talk about their craft like its the new religion? isnt it at dark dingy clubs, that soul singers pour out their highest note for crowds to applause, or get imprisoned in dark solitary confinement to reflect on a grievous crime once committed?

to feel emotions, to ponder and to look back,at a heightened level, light has most often than not been on leave of absence.

definitely, the heart has night vision.


***



darkness befalls boracay...silhouette of boracay's grotto

12 comments:

Mommy Blogs said...

after i replied to a comment you made in my post. i literally cried and almost bawled. much to my husband's confusion... what was wrong w/me in the middle of the night. i share with you the melancholy at night/dark times. i am currently overwhelmed that has been going on... almost two babies to take care of and much more. will i ever give my whole passionate dedication to each one of these souls entrusted to me!?

***
i wasn't this weepy in my first pregnancy! what is wrong? grrr!

Lynette said...

Ah! I love this picture. I'm such a sucker for these. Chel, if & when you decide to print this (among others), send a copy my way ha? Signed and all. =)

Shutterfairy said...

there is something in the darkness... =) I'm a morning person.

miss ya.

ps. your comment in my blog nilusot man. did a little research. it has something to do with the browser.

Candelaria said...

te ganahan kaau ko sa picture sa silhouette sa grotto...

miss ya

konsuy said...

your writing, i miss. welcome back to your blog home.

hiddenrage said...

after i replied to a comment you made in my post. i literally cried and almost bawled. much to my husband's confusion... what was wrong w/me in the middle of the night. i share with you the melancholy at night/dark times. i am currently overwhelmed that has been going on... almost two babies to take care of and much more. will i ever give my whole passionate dedication to each one of these souls entrusted to me!?


i wasn't this weepy in my first pregnancy! what is wrong? grrr!


***

it goes to show che, how much heightened ang imong emotions karon..youre allowed that oi..apart from hormones, we are allowed to show our emotions...

apart from hormones, the night time gives us a platform to muni-muni,haha..

hiddenrage said...

Ah! I love this picture. I'm such a sucker for these. Chel, if & when you decide to print this (among others), send a copy my way ha? Signed and all. =)


***

thanks nette..i chose that because i loved the lavender sky..there was a confusion between night to day, but i know, it was nearing nighttime because we just came back from our massage by Station 2 that time,we walked groggily to the house,haha..

shouldnt i be the one asking for photos from you? you live in one of the most picturesque place on earth...and yeah, signed and all..=) *hugs*

hiddenrage said...

there is something in the darkness... =) I'm a morning person.

miss ya.

ps. your comment in my blog nilusot man. did a little research. it has something to do with the browser.

***


mai,wala lagi ninglusot akong comment sa photos sa kasal ni Grace? today, im having troubles again...much worse, coz di na gyud mugawas bisan anonymous...naglabad akong ulo..

im more of a night person, but i know recently i i lack sleep, magkasakit gyud ko...ingon ani gyud ning tiguls na..

i miss you mai=)

hiddenrage said...

te ganahan kaau ko sa picture sa silhouette sa grotto...

miss ya

***

thanks kai=) i miss you..

mingaw ko ni mika too..

hiddenrage said...

your writing, i miss. welcome back to your blog home.


***

waahhh, how sweet of you to say chi..i miss writing and pouring myself to my entries..

i miss reading you too! so ikaw, pag write sab ha? bantay!

Aileen said...

*speechless* *big sigh* *love the photo*

hiddenrage said...

thank you ai..coming from you, super flattered ko..=)