Saturday 9 January 2010

last hurrah, last sleep in cebu (for now)

its at an unholy hour in the morning yet im wide awake.

the only thing that makes this scenery im in less tragic is the absence of a bottle of alcohol and used cigarettes.

tragic.

i am tired, and sad, and already missing my home.

my bags are still unpacked, my mind bursting with emotions waiting to be written and memories needed putting into paper (or the net, in my case, these days,LOL).


today, i had a very full day. [wait! the last three and a half weeks, i had very full days, (none that includes sleeping in the list of activities), but i am not complaining.]


my stomach could say the same. my stay in cebu was a never-ending gastronomic adventure. and because my neurons seem to connect to my stomach lining's cells (avatar lingo,LOL), i have had so much adventure the past weeks.


tomorrow night, i leave with a heavy heart, not-so-heavy luggage, but memory chest full of treasures. and its bound to carry your faces in it.



***


last memories etched in my heart:

goodbye dinner at Grand Convention's buffet and coffee afters at Coffee Bean..






dinner with the family and close relatives
..missing tony and joan who had a (grand ) wedding at Imperial Palace. Sean was there to represent Joan..





my lola visiting from Butuan...with my aunties: Teresa and Josephine..my lola Anita and Mama





Coffee Bean, Adrian's choice of coffee







my adopted brother Rey took time to say goodbye to me...he's so sweet







showing our true selves

6 comments:

Aileen said...

I miss you already, Chel! Thank you for the call, for the long conversations, the never-ending laughter, and for all the wonderful memories...

See you on the net again soon, with all your stories and photos.

Safe flight, dearest. *HUGS*

Shutterfairy said...

have a safe trip back to UK Chel.. thank you for spending time with me/us. I truly had FUN and I will forever remember it.


Sigh.

Mimi said...

so, so, so happy we bumped into each other at grand con. sorry, murag bangag ko ato. been crying, mingaw gyud ko ni Daddy and that was his 70th birthday!

miss you, chel.

hiddenrage said...

I miss you already, Chel! Thank you for the call, for the long conversations, the never-ending laughter, and for all the wonderful memories...

See you on the net again soon, with all your stories and photos.

Safe flight, dearest. *HUGS*


***

thanks ai...thank you for the time you allowed me to share with you=)

the one consolation i have to coming home is the fact that i could spend time reading my friends online and get to spend time online.

thanks for everything..you were one of those who made my stay truly memorable=)

hiddenrage said...

have a safe trip back to UK Chel.. thank you for spending time with me/us. I truly had FUN and I will forever remember it.


Sigh.

***

hi mai=) you surely were one of those who made my cebu trip wonderful=) thank you for obliging me, and giving me some of your valuable time, and i truly appreciate..i will be surely missing you=)

hiddenrage said...

so, so, so happy we bumped into each other at grand con. sorry, murag bangag ko ato. been crying, mingaw gyud ko ni Daddy and that was his 70th birthday!

miss you, chel.

***

mims, makamingaw ang thought, that it will still be a long time yet until i could have some rib-pinching laughter with you..you take care always ha..be strong in the thought that daghan mi nag love nimo, that at this stage of your life and what youre going through,we are just here for you=)